Charger Alert v3.0 for BlackBerry 10 has been released at BlackBerry World.
This major update allows Charger Alert to now run in the background as a service when the app is closed, or in BlackBerry 10 terms: makes it headless!
Here’s a full list of what’s changed in v3.0:
- Charger Alert now has full background service support, so that it can continue to run in the background when the app is closed or the device is restarted. The option to run in the background can be switched on or off in the Settings menu for the Pro version.
- To accommodate the included background service of the app, some functionality has been changed slightly, as indicated below.
- Alerts can now be enabled at any time, and will stay enabled (even when you close the app) until you later disable them.
- Alerts must be enabled before they can become active. Active alerts are indicated by the highlighted alert icon next to each toggle button.
- To prevent an active alert from triggering, it must first be disabled with the toggle button.
- Triggered alerts can be deactivated, as before, from the dialog box.
Note: You need to have the Pro upgrade, and running on BlackBerry OS version 10.2.1 or greater to use the background service (headless) feature.
Another big update, Charger Alert v2.5 for BlackBerry 10 has been released at BlackBerry World.
You asked for the option to have the alerts kept on, and now you’ve got it with version 2.5.
In the settings menu, simply check ‘Activate Automatically‘ for those alerts you want turned on as soon as they’re enabled.
In addition, you can opt to have the app minimize on startup. Combined with the above settings, you can have Charger Alert up & running in the background with just one tap!
Finally, the ‘Plugged In Alert‘ provides a nice audio notification whenever you plug your device in to charge.
Here’s a full list of what’s new in v2.5:
- Big improvements in the settings and customization of the app.
- Plugged In alert provides notification when you connect the device to a charger.
- Alerts can now be activated automatically from the settings menu.
- Option to have the app minimized when started.
- Improved audio playback of alerts.
- Ability to browse and select device notification sounds for use as alerts.
- Low battery level indicator now based on user setting.
- Other minor bug fixes and improvements.
Charger Alert for BlackBerry 10 has reached version 2 and is now available at BlackBerry World.
This big update brings about a bunch of improvements and new features.
Here’s what’s new in v2.0:
- Added a low battery alert to warn when the battery drops to a low level.
- Added additional battery information, such as the time until full or empty.
(Note: these times are only estimations provided by the system.)
- Split the original screen into two; one for the battery information, and one for the alerts activation.
- Provided the option to choose the default startup screen.
- Improved audio playback.
- Included a play button in the settings to sample the different alert sounds.
- Updated to support the new BlackBerry Z30 device.
- Improved checks to automatically restore previous Pro upgrade purchase if the app is reinstalled.
- Replaced ads with custom ones.
- Minor bug fixes.
We are pleased to announce that Charger Alert™ has received the Built for BlackBerry® accreditation.
What is the Built for BlackBerry program?
“Built to keep you moving, apps and games with the Built for BlackBerry designation provide the seamless performance and integrated experience you’ve come to love. Look for the Built for BlackBerry badge to identify apps and games that deliver the signature BlackBerry 10 experience.”
As before, we continue to improve upon Charger Alert with the aim of delivering a useful and quality app.
These are some tips on how to improve the battery life (and avoid overheating) of your BlackBerry 10 smartphone.
Update to the latest OS – Ensure you have the latest BlackBerry 10 OS version for your device, as updates can include improved battery management and performance. To check for updates, go to Settings > Software Updates.
A big update with Charger Alert v1.4 for BlackBerry 10 has been released at BlackBerry World.
Here’s what’s new in v1.4:
- Alert sounds can now be customized.
- The alert temperature can now be changed from the default 35 °C setting.
- Improved the design of the settings and main page.
- Fixed a bug that caused a delay in showing the latest battery information.
Note: to use your own sounds you need to allow the Shared Files permission.
For all you loyal pre-BB10 users, Charger Alert has been updated for BlackBerry OS (BBOS) to include all the new features available in the BlackBerry 10 version.
Charger Alert v1.3 for BlackBerry OS is now available on BlackBerry World.
Here’s what’s new in v1.3 for BBOS:
- A list of version changes is now displayed whenever the app is updated.
- Added a ‘Charged’ alert to inform you when the battery has finished charging.
- Added an ‘Overheated’ alert to inform you if the battery temperature is overheating.
- Improved the user interface layout for different screen sizes.
- Alert messages are now added to the application message folder.
Charger Alert v1.3 for the BlackBerry Q10 and Z10 has been released at BlackBerry World.
Here’s what’s new in v1.3:
- Added temperature alert to inform you if the battery is overheating.
- Updated to support the new BlackBerry Q10 device.
The temperature is displayed in either Celsius (°C) or Fahrenheit (°F) depending on your region. You can manually change this in ‘Settings’.
Charger Alert v1.2 for BlackBerry 10 has been released at BlackBerry World.
Here’s what’s new in v1.2:
- Active frame now shows alerts and battery information when the app is minimized.
- Translated into the following languages:
- Bahasa Indonesia (Harap beritahu kami jika Anda menemukan kesalahan terjemahan.)
- Français (S’il vous plaît laissez-nous savoir si vous trouvez des erreurs de traduction.)
- Español (Por favor, háganos saber si encuentra algún error de traducción.)
If you spot any mistakes in the translations or would like to help translate Charger Alert into another language please visit: http://www.getlocalization.com/ChargerAlert