Charger Alert for BlackBerry 10 has reached version 2 and is now available at BlackBerry World.
This big update brings about a bunch of improvements and new features.
Here’s what’s new in v2.0:
- Added a low battery alert to warn when the battery drops to a low level.
- Added additional battery information, such as the time until full or empty.
(Note: these times are only estimations provided by the system.)
- Split the original screen into two; one for the battery information, and one for the alerts activation.
- Provided the option to choose the default startup screen.
- Improved audio playback.
- Included a play button in the settings to sample the different alert sounds.
- Updated to support the new BlackBerry Z30 device.
- Improved checks to automatically restore previous Pro upgrade purchase if the app is reinstalled.
- Replaced ads with custom ones.
- Minor bug fixes.
We are pleased to announce that Charger Alert™ has received the Built for BlackBerry® accreditation.
What is the Built for BlackBerry program?
“Built to keep you moving, apps and games with the Built for BlackBerry designation provide the seamless performance and integrated experience you’ve come to love. Look for the Built for BlackBerry badge to identify apps and games that deliver the signature BlackBerry 10 experience.”
As before, we continue to improve upon Charger Alert with the aim of delivering a useful and quality app.
These are some tips on how to improve the battery life (and avoid overheating) of your BlackBerry 10 smartphone.
Update to the latest OS – Ensure you have the latest BlackBerry 10 OS version for your device, as updates can include improved battery management and performance. To check for updates, go to Settings > Software Updates.
A big update with Charger Alert v1.4 for BlackBerry 10 has been released at BlackBerry World.
Here’s what’s new in v1.4:
- Alert sounds can now be customized.
- The alert temperature can now be changed from the default 35 °C setting.
- Improved the design of the settings and main page.
- Fixed a bug that caused a delay in showing the latest battery information.
Note: to use your own sounds you need to allow the Shared Files permission.
For all you loyal pre-BB10 users, Charger Alert has been updated for BlackBerry OS (BBOS) to include all the new features available in the BlackBerry 10 version.
Charger Alert v1.3 for BlackBerry OS is now available on BlackBerry World.
Here’s what’s new in v1.3 for BBOS:
- A list of version changes is now displayed whenever the app is updated.
- Added a ‘Charged’ alert to inform you when the battery has finished charging.
- Added an ‘Overheated’ alert to inform you if the battery temperature is overheating.
- Improved the user interface layout for different screen sizes.
- Alert messages are now added to the application message folder.
Charger Alert v1.3 for the BlackBerry Q10 and Z10 has been released at BlackBerry World.
Here’s what’s new in v1.3:
- Added temperature alert to inform you if the battery is overheating.
- Updated to support the new BlackBerry Q10 device.
The temperature is displayed in either Celsius (°C) or Fahrenheit (°F) depending on your region. You can manually change this in ‘Settings’.
Charger Alert v1.2 for BlackBerry 10 has been released at BlackBerry World.
Here’s what’s new in v1.2:
- Active frame now shows alerts and battery information when the app is minimized.
- Translated into the following languages:
- Bahasa Indonesia (Harap beritahu kami jika Anda menemukan kesalahan terjemahan.)
- Français (S’il vous plaît laissez-nous savoir si vous trouvez des erreurs de traduction.)
- Español (Por favor, háganos saber si encuentra algún error de traducción.)
If you spot any mistakes in the translations or would like to help translate Charger Alert into another language please visit: http://www.getlocalization.com/ChargerAlert
Charger Alert is now available for the BlackBerry Z10 at BlackBerry App World.
Charger Alert for BB10 Features
- Alarm if the BlackBerry Z10 is unplugged while connected to the charger.
- Alert to when the battery has finished charging.
- Battery charged level.
- Battery temperature.
The Charger Alert mobile phone app was created to warn you with an alarm if somebody unplugs your device while it is charging. This also has the positive side-effect of alerting you when there is an electrical power outage while using your charger.