A big update with Charger Alert v1.4 for BlackBerry 10 has been released at BlackBerry World.
Here’s what’s new in v1.4:
- Alert sounds can now be customized.
- The alert temperature can now be changed from the default 35 °C setting.
- Improved the design of the settings and main page.
- Fixed a bug that caused a delay in showing the latest battery information.
Note: to use your own sounds you need to allow the Shared Files permission.
For all you loyal pre-BB10 users, Charger Alert has been updated for BlackBerry OS (BBOS) to include all the new features available in the BlackBerry 10 version.
Charger Alert v1.3 for BlackBerry OS is now available on BlackBerry World.
Here’s what’s new in v1.3 for BBOS:
- A list of version changes is now displayed whenever the app is updated.
- Added a ‘Charged’ alert to inform you when the battery has finished charging.
- Added an ‘Overheated’ alert to inform you if the battery temperature is overheating.
- Improved the user interface layout for different screen sizes.
- Alert messages are now added to the application message folder.
Charger Alert v1.3 for the BlackBerry Q10 and Z10 has been released at BlackBerry World.
Here’s what’s new in v1.3:
- Added temperature alert to inform you if the battery is overheating.
- Updated to support the new BlackBerry Q10 device.
The temperature is displayed in either Celsius (°C) or Fahrenheit (°F) depending on your region. You can manually change this in ‘Settings’.
Charger Alert v1.2 for BlackBerry 10 has been released at BlackBerry World.
Here’s what’s new in v1.2:
- Active frame now shows alerts and battery information when the app is minimized.
- Translated into the following languages:
- Bahasa Indonesia (Harap beritahu kami jika Anda menemukan kesalahan terjemahan.)
- Français (S’il vous plaît laissez-nous savoir si vous trouvez des erreurs de traduction.)
- Español (Por favor, háganos saber si encuentra algún error de traducción.)
If you spot any mistakes in the translations or would like to help translate Charger Alert into another language please visit: http://www.getlocalization.com/ChargerAlert
Charger Alert is now available for the BlackBerry Z10 at BlackBerry App World.
Charger Alert for BB10 Features
- Alarm if the BlackBerry Z10 is unplugged while connected to the charger.
- Alert to when the battery has finished charging.
- Battery charged level.
- Battery temperature.
The Charger Alert mobile phone app was created to warn you with an alarm if somebody unplugs your device while it is charging. This also has the positive side-effect of alerting you when there is an electrical power outage while using your charger.
Charger Alert v1.3 has been released to the Google Play store.
- The guard must now be manually disarmed before unplugging the device to stop the alarm from sounding.
This makes Charger Alert more straightforward to use and allows it to work with custom screen lock apps.
- Fixed a bug with a disappearing guard notification icon in ICS.
- A list of changes (changelog) is now displayed whenever the app is updated.
Note: It is recommended that you lock your screen to prevent someone else from disarming the guard.
The first public release of Charger Alert for BlackBerry is now available on BlackBerry App World.
If you have any feedback or encounter any problems using the application please report it here so that it can be looked into.
We hope the Charger Alert app proves to be a useful tool for you, and if you like it, please spare a few moments to rate or review it.
For all you BlackBerry users, you can now test out the beta version of Charger Alert v1.0 for BlackBerry.
Download and install it Over-The-Air (OTA) by navigating your BlackBerry phone to: beta testing has now finished.
The app requires permission to:
- Create notifications – to indicate that the guard is active or alarm has been triggered
- Check if the device is locked – so that the alarm can be triggered
- Store app settings
- Launch the options screen
Try it out and report back on what you think, along with any bugs, issues, or suggestions you may have.
Charger Alert v1.2 has been released to the Google Play store.
- Alarm volume can now be set to a custom level.
- Improved handling of alarm volume.
- Fixed a bug where the upgrade option didn’t always appear when available.
- Added a number picker interface for the alarm delay setting.
Note: If you had previously set the alarm delay option, please update it in the settings menu using the new interface.